Community-created courses (sometimes known as User-Generated Courses, or UGC) can no longer be searched for in the Memrise mobile apps. Please rest assured that the courses themselves have not been removed or deleted.
This decision was made to improve the experience of learning a language on official courses created by our expert team of linguists, translators and language researchers.
If you were already learning a community-created course in the app, you can continue learning it as usual.
You can still start learning new community-created courses in the app by following the instructions below:
- Visit the Memrise website and log in on the same profile you use on the Memrise app
- On the Discover/courses page, find the course you're interested in
- Start learning the course and complete a full session, then go back to your dashboard
- Open your Android or iOS app and you'll find the course has now been added to your list. You can continue learning from where you left.
- ℹ️ Note that you may need to refresh the list of courses
More instructions in the articles below: