- Known limitations
- Can I give you feedback on this?
In order for us to roll out new changes and make sure your Memrise experience is as smooth as possible, we have a Beta toggle on web that we use to ship new features to our users. What this means for you is that you’ll be getting the new experiences as soon as we think they’re ready for you to use, but that you can also easily switch back to the old experience while we gather feedback and work out any bugs or improvements that are needed to roll it out to all Memrise users.
What features are currently in Beta?
At the moment, the following areas of app.memrise.com are in Beta:
Learn with locals
Learn with Locals
Memrise Labs (Alpha) and Memrise Beta do not have all features enabled at this time - but we're working to implement them as soon as possible. Here's a list of known limitations:
- At the moment, time tracking - which appears in your learning statistics - hasn't been implemented on Memrise Alpha or Beta, but we hope to have this enabled soon. Turn off Alpha and Beta to keep tracking your learning time.
- As above, turning off tapping tests and audio tests from your settings will not affect your sessions. Turn off Alpha and Beta to keep excluding these test types from your learning.
- You can't currently turn off audio tests within sessions in Alpha or Beta
- You can't currently turn off the lesson timer in learning settings.
Turn off Memrise Labs (Alpha) and Memrise Beta to have access to these features.
How do I switch Memrise Beta on or off?
In order to switch on and off the Beta features, you need to go to your Profile settings on web.
Once on the Profile Settings page, tick or untick the ‘The new Memrise experience’ box to enable/disable the new features.
How do I switch Memrise Alpha (Memrise Labs) on or off?
Please note: If you enrolled in Memrise Labs (experimental Alpha versions) then you will also need to turn these off to opt out of Beta modes. To do this, go to your Learning Settings and toggle off 'Turn on Memrise Labs experiments' at the bottom.
Can I toggle on or off specific features?
Unfortunately, we don’t have toggles for the specific new features within Beta. If you want (or don’t want) any of the features that are currently in Beta, you’ll need to turn them all on or off.
Can I give you feedback on this?
Yes, please do! We're gathering feedback on this over on the Memrise forum. Please comment on the thread to share your thoughts.