There are several options to customise your database:
- Add extra columns: You may decide that there is an extra aspect to the topic you are learning that you want to add. For example, if you have a database full of historical figures and their portraits, you might want to add an extra column with their dates of birth, and maybe another column with their hometown, or the name of their spouse. Each of these additions would require you to add an extra column to the database. Please note: it is not possible to move/rearrange columns, although you can rename the headings of text columns.
- Delete columns: If you have created a Database that draws from a central dictionary, you might decide that it displays too much information, which may not be needed for your course. To remove columns, go to your Database page and click on the name of the column(s) you would like to delete. Click on the Delete tab and make sure you tick the "Yes, I'm sure" box, before clicking on the red button.
- Any levels configured to test with a deleted column will be broken
- Learners who have learnt from that column will have words removed from their learning history
- All materials in the column will be permanently removed and unretrievable
- Customise Test settings: You can enable or disable typing tests and tapping tests ('rearrange the words') by clicking on the pencil icon at the top of a column on the Database page and then selecting the 'Testing' tab in the pop-up window that will appear.
- Add an in-browser keyboard: for example, to type letters with accents in French. You can set the database column so that if a specific column is tested on, the in-browser keyboard will appear. To do this, click on the pencil icon at the top of a column on the Database page and then select the 'Testing' tab in the pop-up window. Enter any needed characters and click on 'Save'. You can also select a predefined keyboard.
- Change the size and style of the text (during learning sessions): for example, Chinese characters may be difficult to read when they are very small. You can click on the pencil at the top of a column in the database page, and select 'Show Bigger' or 'Never Italicise'.
- Automatically create levels: If you have bulk-added a long list of words and definitions, or if you just want to restart our course from scratch, then you can automatically split the database into levels of equal size by setting the number of words per level and then clicking the 'Create levels' button.