To create your own course, log in on web, click the Courses tab at the top of your homepage and select Create a course.
Please note: you cannot create a course from the app at the moment, but you can start learning any course you have created on the website, and it will sync with the app.
You will be able to:
1. Give a name / title to your course - it should be creative but also descriptive
2. Select the category: This will be used primarily to help other users find your course. In the case of a personal list, it is still important to choose the correct category for your course because if there is a central database for that category, then your course will automatically be set up to draw items from it. For example, if you choose "Mandarin Simplified", your course will draw existing items from the Mandarin Simplified database (no worries - you will still be able to edit all the words once they are in your list, and add new ones).
* Teaching: this indicates the target language (or topic) that your course wants to teach
* For (language) speakers: this indicates the source language used in the course
3. Add tags (optional): this will allow users to search your course using keywords
4. Add a description and a short description (optional)
5. When you are ready, click 'Create Course'.
A single level* is automatically created. If there is a central database for the chosen category, then the column headings will be set accordingly (e.g., Spanish, English). If not, they will be the default headings.
*If you are creating a course with a high number of words, please make sure to separate the words into multiple levels (30-35 words per level). Not doing so may cause complications.
By default, many of the advanced features of course creation are hidden - for example, Databases. If you would like to see the advanced features, click Add level and your course will be converted into a multi-level course with full functionalities.
Once you have finished adding words click 'Save and continue' to view your creation and start learning!
For further information on how to create and edit your courses, please visit our Course creation knowledge base.